Thursday, January 07, 2010

Review by Moonlight: Stolen Heat by Elisabeth Naughton

Stolen Heat is the second book in what I think of as a "loose" trilogy. What I mean by that is the books are related, but only loosely -- i.e. secondary characters in the first book become the protagonists in the second and third. Each of the books may be read on their own, but it's fun to see the other characters get their own time in the spotlight.

The first book in the trilogy, Stolen Fury, was also the author's first published book. Stolen Fury was fast-paced fun and I enjoyed the characters and the plot. I looked forward to Stolen Heat with both anticipation and a little dread. Why the dread? I've had a few experiences where an author's second book definitely did not live up to the promise of his/her first book. I really hoped that wouldn't be the case here, because I liked not only Naughton's writing, but also the genre. I haven't run into very many romantic adventures that actually live up to their name and were entertaining and I really hoped to have more good books in the genre to read.

I wasn't disappointed. In fact, I was pleasantly thrilled. Stolen Heat is an even better read than Stolen Fury. The characters are fresh and their predicament is exciting. I started reading and didn't want to put it down until I'd finished, a rare thing for me these days. I ordered the third book in the trilogy -- Stolen Seduction -- from Amazon and I can't wait to dive in!

I highly recommend this trilogy to anyone looking for a solid romantic adventure story. There's enough mystery and thrills to keep mystery buffs intrigued and plenty of romance for the romance reader.

Moonlight Rating:


Disclaimer: This review is my opinion only. YMMV. You should judge the book for yourself.

No comments: